Saturday, June 18, 2011

What are you capable of.....

when no one is judging you, when there is no score being kept? What does it take to motivate yourself? I've been floating in lakes around Anchorage asking these questions and photographing people that I consider far more motivated than me. Sure, I'm in foul 50 degree water dodging float planes and boats, but this is where I want to be. Much like these rowers, little motivation is required when you are where you want to be. Motivation comes when you would rather be anywhere than where you are, but you must remain. When turning back to shore isn't an option, when editors say, "we publish pictures, not excuses" do you go longer, work harder or fold shop?  We all have excuses, they never sound convincing no matter how many times we tell them. When up is the only option, will you climb on and find that you are capable of far more than you ever imagined? A man in a wheel chair once said to me, "Perseverance, perseverance, that is all it takes..........."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts