Thursday, June 30, 2011

Anchorage Rowing Club

"If you are not in over your head, how do know how tall you are?" --TS Eliot

Click the link below to watch the HD Video on Vimeo 
Anchorage Rowing Club Video

The Anchorage Rowing Club practices on Sand Lake twice a week when the ice is out. I don't know why, but I'm still surprised by all the variety of activities that Alaskans occupy their time with. I saw a piece in the Anchorage Daily News on this club and immediately knew I had to get in the water and see what it was like to have a 45 foot boat crank past you at 12 knots. What struck me about this from the water line, was the violence and grace that propelled these craft. Teamwork and power are nothing if your timing is off.

I wish that I had another month and $10k to do this film correctly but feel this is a good start. This was a good project to learn on with video and stills like: when your lanyard breaks and your Canon 5D sinks to the bottom of the lake, batteries die mid sequence, oars go by your face, float planes turn your way, fisherman cast over you........

Take a deep breath, this is just the beginning, the water is only at my chin. How tall am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts